Translate

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Thursday Night Talk Sheds Gnu Light on TTATT by Sharon Lee Murray


Contributed by Noel Parsons
I USED to listened to EVERYTHING Jehovah's Witnesses said and would have died for them from 1959 until December 5, 2012.  That Thursday night meeting changed everything.

...and will disfellowship you in a heartbeat!

1st someone was disfellowshipped.  I was the ONLY one upset...to the point I had to go to the ladies room for 20 minutes to control myself.  When I got back to my chair, a sister wrote me a note, 'We do not grieve the disfellowshipped ones.'  Now...mind you, I obeyed ALL the 'new light' and EVERYTHING else but shunning.  THAT I would not obey.  Anyway, I read the note...and my first thought was, 'Didn't the Israelites of old rip their clothes and sit among the ashes because of their grief when someone left the 'true God?'  

Then the announcements that really caught my ear...

"No researching on any websites but JW(dot)ORG..."  

I had never done that before, but now I was being told that I can't...okay...my heart was pounding.  What was I hearing?  

Then the next one, 

"Because Armageddon is just around the corner, we don't want to burden our brothers and sisters with any unnecessary unworn jewelery, estates, life insurance policies, 401k's retirement funds IRA's, anything of the future we won't be needing please donate or send to the Watchtower Society in Brooklyn NY."

Check out the bling on Samuel Herd, Governing Body member!
People in my age group (50's) and the others...younger were all nodding their heads in agreement. 

My next thought, shades of 1975!  These were three things that just didn't sit well with me.
Contributed by Haupi Justice
I went home and called my oldest daughter.  I am very close with her.  And I told her all these things.  She said, "Mom, I've been telling you for over 20 years you're in a cult."  I hung up on her, after saying I would die for them.  If you know me, you know I don't hang up on ANYONE!  


I wondered what made me hang up on my firstborn?  I typed in the meaning of cult and followed every link, until I came upon a 10 question quiz.  If I answered four or more 'yes, you're in a cult.'  Imagine my surprise when I answered 10 out of 10 'yes!'  

I didn't know where to go...I was so scared...I looked up 'Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) and cults,' followed every link, then JWs and scandals.  After reading all of those, I knew Jehovah's Witnesses were NOT of God.  With tears and nausea filling my belly, I typed in JWs and the occult.  After reading everything from their own publications...(I never searched outside of the Watchtower Society to look for information)...and crying for 6 hours, feeling like someone kicked the floor out from under me...I silently prayed for wisdom on this whole thing.  Picking up the bible, I put it on my lap and let it open 4 times by itself.

First came, Ps146:3-4, "Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help....When they breathe their last, they return to the earth, and all their plans die with them."


Jer17:5, "This is what the LORD says: “Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
1Joh4:1, "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."
...and finally the one that keeps me away, Luke 21:8,

"He replied: “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The time is near.’ Do not follow them."


I knew I would lose my family, who remain as JWs, but I could not be part of a lie.  Until that moment of knowing, they would be lost to me.  I never realized how important truth is, until I searched for it.